Job title: Battery Technician
Location: Shumani Industrial Equipment – Chloorkop
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include maintaining and exchanging inventory of batteries for fleet of material handling equipment. He will also organize and maintain the work area and be available for customer needs.
- Handing in completed timesheets daily
- Handing in completed vehicle inspection registers and petrol slips by 8 am every Monday
- Your job spec may vary or increase as the business changes and grows
- Ensure all machines are maintained and serviced as per manufacture specifications
- Assistant to have job cards signed by customer on completion of job and hand them in to a foreman to be signed off
- Assistant will be responsible to inspect machines and report on any faults found.
- Assistant to ensure all jobs done has a job card and a job number
- Assisting technicians with daily maintenance task
- Assisting with other job functions as and when required
- Will provide technical assistance within the service department as per customer requirements.
- Will be responsible for the repair and preventative maintenance of IC and electric forklifts and warehouse equipment on-site and off site
- Repairing, servicing and maintain forklifts of customers on and off site
- Complete job cards
- Housekeeping, clean-up of all maintenance areas/work areas daily
- Assisting with other general maintenance activities
- Travelling required to service and repairs on sites
- Site and off-site maintenance of IC and Electrical range
Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- Relevant five years’ battery and charger maintenance experience.
- Must be responsible and trustworthy to work in field.
- Must be in good health.
- Site based.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Highly motivated person and be able to liaise with customers.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Hardworking person and have a good nature to fit in with our current team
- Must have a technical aptitude
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
All applications (complete CV) must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, 17th September 2021. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: SIE 09/21/83.